Thursday, June 11, 2009

What pleases me (Shelonda)

One of my most favorite things to do in the world is to go to amusement and water parks. Whenever I visit my sisters in Ft. Worth, Texas we go to either Six Flags or Hurricane Harbor depending on the weather and what time of year it is. We definitely won’t to Six Flags in the summer because it’s too hot. We did that one year and we were miserable. We were wishing that we had gone to the water park instead. The first ride that we usually get on at Six Flags is the rollercoaster the Titan. This coaster has a top speed of 85 mph with the first climb and drop of 255ft. Talk about excitement. My sisters and I run around the park going from one extreme ride to another. Across the highway is Hurricane Harbor where when I go visit them in the summer we’re always making sure we hit that place. There’s a new ride there called the Mega Wedgie that opened last summer which stands four stories tall and sends you down at about 23 mph. You go down one side then up the other. It’s in the shape of one of those skaters ramps. The drop is so sharp that the attendant that helps you on to the float to slide down is strapped to stand with a rope around his waist so that he can’t fall off. I love amusement parks and water parks so much that when it comes on the Travel Channel I’m sitting there watching it if I can catch it.

1 comment:

  1. Shelonda--one time I thought I was going to die on a side-to-side water slide. Instead of screaming, I became very silent and my thoughts turned inwards. This made me think that I would go to my death with acceptance rather than resistance. Either way, I haven't been on one since!

    Mysti

    Mysti

    ReplyDelete