Saturday, June 13, 2009

10 things that please me... (Summer)

1. Watching my children sleep.
2. Swimming
3. Reading
4. Singing in the privacy of my immediate family only.
5. Cooking
6. Gardening
7. Photography
8. Sitting by any moving body of water and relaxing.
9. Viewing art work
10. Sitting in my hammock.

Focusing in on the scene, getting everything just perfect in the view area. To some, it’s just point and shoot. To others it’s an art. Both though are memories frozen in time. Or at least until the pictures fade as Mother Nature takes her toll. No matter what, nothing can preserve a memory as perfect as a photograph. As time goes by memories fade and become less accurate. But when you find the album with those pictures in it you begin to remember every detail. I remember as a child always swiping the pictures from my family members. They all watch me now when pictures are left lying around. I love taking pictures. Very rarely will you actually find me on the receiving end of a camera. My actual interaction with photography didn’t start until the birth of my first child. From that day on I would never be caught anywhere without a camera. I have plastic photo bins full of pictures. My family all tell me that I should go into professional photography but that isn’t my passion. It is just something that I love to do and happen to be somewhat good at it.

1 comment:

  1. I too, enjoy taking pictures. It's not just taking pictures. It is making sure that it is the perfect picture. The right setting, the right angle, the perfect lighting. Loved your piece!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete