Thursday, June 18, 2009

Smell My Worries Away (Bianca)

"Here I am, sugar" was her way of letting me know that I could come on in. Walking into her bedroom door, I smelled rose petals and baby powder.
"Come on over. I've got a spotjust for you."
She pulled back the sage-green and creame colored comforter and matching sheet. I hurried to take off my shoes and took my hair down from its well groomed pony-tail.
"Now, tell me all about it."
I remember being in such a relaxed state of mind as she twirled my hair with her fingers. I closed my eyes, took a deep cleansing breath and started to release. As she received all of my detailed information, she listened with my feelings and best interest in mind. Her encouraging words seemed to roll from her mind effortlessly. As she spoke, I could only lie there with the smell of rose petals and baby powder taking all of my worries away.

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous writing--I hope we workshop your stuff soon.

    Mysti

    ReplyDelete