Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fight to Write (Mandy)

What, you ask, where do I find the time. I am still trying to figure that one out. I've tried thinking about what to write as I'm driving down the highway headed to work or school, but of course, I'm driving and there's not much I can do to write it down, so I end up losing it. I found out that wasn't productive. All it did, was make me aggravated that I couldn't remember what I had rehearsed in my head. I have also attempted to write with all four of my kids awake. Ha! That didn't work to well either, with all the commotion of fighting between siblings and having a two year old grabbing everything in sight. It just don't work like that, plus I discovered that they weren't getting what they needed from me. So, I decided to leave my books in the car until after they've all gone to bed, and then, once everyone is silent and snuggled in bed, I exhaustively walk out to my car, bring my books in, sit at the kitchen table and try to remember the reason I'm really do this. Once I get past the thoughts of, I need to do house work...I need to go to bed... I didn't get much done today...Am I going to be up till 3:00am again tonight? I began to try to think of what to write...that is... with what's left from my brain from the long hectic day at school and work. Once I get past those thoughts and start to relive my memories, words just start to flow. It is then, that I am able to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment