Monday, July 6, 2009

The Writing Process-Elizabeth Domingue

For me writing is like running. It takes a lot of courage to start and even more to keep going. The first page or mile may come with ease but each word or step gets harder.
Remembering small details keeps the pace of the story. It helps me to close my eyes and re-live the experience I am writing about. The words seem to flow onto the page easier if they are fresh in my memory. Just as a runner I often reach a point where I feel I can no longer go on. A point where I feel I have exhausted my information. Taking a break and keeping busy doing something else helps me to take a step back and look at the story from a different angle.
Not wearing yourself out is the secret to writing. Learn what pace is good for you and you will be able to write forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment