Friday, July 3, 2009

The opening and closing of my book (Jeremy Stewart)

At first i didn't know how to start my book, but while we were work shopping in class I got an idea on how to start my book. So, I started it with a scene and it turned out to be pretty good. "I can't get tired; if I get I'm dead". I was not really thinking about my opening sentence but when we discussed it in class It seemed like a good way to grab attention so I stuck with it. I was optimistic about sharing it with the class, but when we discussed it during my workshop the introduction to my book was fine and it kept interest and in the end that was what I was aiming for. As for my ending, I'm not gonna lie I didn't give it a lot of thought because I had to rush it and end my book sooner than I wanted to. "I slowly walked off of the bus into what I hoped would be my high school for the next four years. "I saw a large canopy above me that lead me the doors that would shape my future". I will probably go back one day and finish it, but as for now I'm just gonna keep a copy with me in case I ever have to write like this again and ill be prepared XD.

1 comment:

  1. Jeremy--
    Could you cut and paste excerpts from the opening and closing of your book into this post? Then the other writers in class can benefit from your examples.

    Thanks,
    Mysti

    ReplyDelete