Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Things I'm Proud Of (Luis)

That I actually started caring about how I my grades were in college and brought my grades up.
That I’m in college
That I have a good job
That I’m majoring in electrical engineering
That I have not done drug


When I first started college I was anxious to get started. Once I got into my classes I didn’t apply myself like I should have. In one of my classes, sociology, the teacher told everybody we would need to read the book to pass, well I didn’t listen and the first two tests I failed them. After that I started reading the book and I improved my grade but not good enough, I passed with a C. At the time I was satisfied with the outcome of my grades, and thought that one C along with B’s was satisfactory. The next semester in the spring was worst because I made two D’s and then had to retake the courses. After that I knew I had to pick up the slack if didn’t want to be in college the rest of my life with a low GPA. It wasn’t easy getting in to the habit of studying. I just aimed at the big goal of graduating and getting a good job making good money. I know it sounds stupid but when I start getting into a bind I just think about having my own house and new truck and it makes the black clouds turn to blue. I know it’s silly but it always works for me, and I say use whatever works. I study long and late hours with classmates at the library. This takes a lot of dedication because I have friends calling me to go parties and movies and almost every part of me wants to go, but I tell them I can’t. All this hard work pays off when people ask me what my GPA is because I get an amazing feeling that comes across me when I see the amazement in that person’s eye after telling them. That’s not even half of it because I know it hadn’t always been good. It used to be low and I brought it up because of determination.

No comments:

Post a Comment