Tuesday, July 7, 2009

10 things I'm proud of (Julia)

1. Finishing my book !!!!!
2. Working for everything I earn
3. Making my mother proud
4. Helping my mom financially
5. Paying college myself
6. Getting through with the summer classes
7. Being independent
8. Doing 20-something hours of community service at Hospitality Center
9. My stepdad
10. Taking care of myself

Making my mother proud makes me happy. I didn’t live with her my whole life, so my memory of my childhood didn’t include her. It wasn’t till 8th grade that I live with her and stayed. It was hard trusting her because of the past, but I still wanted to talk to her like any mother and daughter does. She’s the type to make many excuses or never keeps her promise. I would think that I am a burden to her. The more I live with her, the more I realize how she actually cares. During high school, she began to ask me to show her my report card. I did well on my grades, and she told me she was proud of me. It wasn’t much but to me it was surprising. From then on, she start showing how much she cares and that she’s trying to be a good mother. When I graduate high school, she called my grandparents in Germany and talk about me all night. I like making her proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment