Tuesday, July 7, 2009

10 things I'm proud of. (PHONG)

1. Finishing the book.
2. Studying for the grammar test.
3. Learning how to cook.
4. Finishing the test to easily.
5. Did not complain about the assignments.
6. Came to class.
7. Working to pay for own classes.
8. Staying in school.
9. Determined to finish school.
10. Almost done with summer I classes.

When I lived in Austin, my lifestyle changed. I am no longer was I a fan of McDonald's and Taco Bell. First of all, eating chalupas and french fries for each meal becomes boring. Secondly, it's more expensive than eating at home. After two semesters of unhealthy living, I made a goal for myself. Learn how to cook. Nothing extraordinary, but things like chili dogs, pasta dishes, fruit salads, and pancakes, just to name a few. It feels good to see a final product that I created, that I tweaked to my preference, not to mention the gratitude on the side when my sister comments on how delicious it is. I brought my skills back home, and occasionally I cook for my parents. Though it's far from what they usually it, they dive in into an explosion of peculair flavor combination. I like variety, so my food has variety. No matter how bad it tastes, I'm proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment