Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Taste (Phong) - super late

I haven't seen her in moths. I was ready for our dinner date after a long while of detachment. WE started our way towards Tuscany Italian restaurant, but with our luck it is closed on Mondays. ALl out of ideas, I blattered out Roadhouse since it was the first thing I saw. We sat there pondering on what to order and I stated, "how come there can't be numbers beside the items". Deciding what to eat is the toughest task for both of us. FInally, I settled for a piece of sirloin and half a rack of ribs with side orders of steak fries and mashed potatoes. I told the waitress that I wanted the steak medium well. After a fourty minute wait, our meal finally arrived. WE both said our prayers and took our fork and went for the potatoes. Mine was loaded like a baked potatoes with cheese and bacon with sour cream on the side. Expecting a blissful experience as usual, I tried to savor the taste. Once the cold, hardened cheese and greasy bacon touched my lips, it changed my mindset in an instant. The potatoes was right between warm and cold. Disappointed, I decided to take a bite of my steak. Once I pierced the piece of meat with my fork, I knew it wasn't cooked to my preference. The dried piece of steak could have literally been broken by a set of hands. Drenching the steak with A1 sauce could not revive it from dehydration. Strike two. Next up was the ribs. Just as i broken off a peice, an obnoxious waiter that was looking over my shoulder asked how were the ribs. My reply, "I don't know yet".
The meal, horrible. The food wasn't great. However, since it was a meal with her, it was quite the delight. Seeing her enjoy her catfish fillet and a mountain of fries. Her smiling at my dissatification of my food, and complaint of everything. Delightful.

2 comments:

  1. Even though the meal was horrible, I'm glad you were happy that you were with her. As for that resturant I don't think I will be going there.

    Shelonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! i have the same reacction when i go there. It was the thought of being with her. Better late than ever i always say.
    -LaDonna

    ReplyDelete